Personal diary app build with flutter
Your own personal diary: History of Me wants to be your own personal diary in the digital age. Browse through all of your diary entries and organize your writings. Create, edit and read individual entries and relive your memories. Track your mood and feelings. History of Me offers a digital bookmark you can customize yourself. This app will store your data only on your device. No one else but you will be able to read your diary!
For help getting started with Flutter, view our online documentation, which offers tutorials, samples, guidance on mobile development, and a full API reference.
To build this project, Flutter should be installed on your computer. Visit the install guide available on the Flutter website to get started.
Clone the repository and run the app using the Flutter Engine on your local device:
git clone https://github.com/litlifesoftware/HistoryOfMe.git cd HistoryOfMe flutter run
In order to create signed APK files to upload to various app stores, you have to specify a keystore location inside the
android\key.properties file. This file should link to a keystore stored on your local hard drive. Follow Flutter’s deployment guidelines to create your own keystore required to generate verified APK files.
There are English and German localizations available for this app. These strings are stored in the
assets\json\localized_strings.json and read on the app’s start up.
The photographs displayed as ‘diary entry backdrop image’ are stored on disk and were downloaded from Unsplash.
Special thanks to the photographers whose photos were used:
Niilo Isotalo: “Kuopio, Finland”, published on
Peiwen Yu: “Hanzhong, China”, published on
Greg Rakozy: “Spiral Jetty, United States”, published on
Consider checking out their profiles and photos.
History Of Me uses the following Dart dependencies in order to implement certain features and functionality:
- lit_ui_kitLitUIKit enables you to create unique user interfaces in less time. More information
- lit_localization_serviceLitLocalizationService enables you to parse JSON files storing your localization data. More information
- lit_relative_date_timeLitRelativeDateTime enables you to display differences in Time in human-readable format. More information
- intl (Used for localization)
- package_info (Used to detect the platform)
- url_launcher (Used to redirect users to websites)
- hive (Used as persistent storage)
- hive_flutter (Flutter Addon for Hive)
- hive_generator (Addon for Hive)
- build_runner (Used to generate Adapter classes for Hive data models)
- flutter_launcher_icon (Used to generate Android/iOS Launcher Icons)
Note: All the dependencies are added just like we talked in, A complete animation widget for rotation with flutter.
If you want to follow this project more closely, here is a link to the github page: https://github.com/litlifesoftware/HistoryOfMe